Google gadgets are designed to be placed on your webpage, blog, or iGoogle page, and can be used for entertainment, business, marketing, and various other purposes. Please keep reading to discover my top ten Google gadgets, and why each gadget made the list!
1. Google Translate My Page – This is an amazing addition to any webpage or blog. This essential Google gadget allows any reader of your website or blog to translate the text into multiple different languages. By installing this gadget onto your website or blog, you are ensuring that people all over the world are able to easily read and understand your blog in their native language. Google Translate My Page is one of the best Google gadgets available and can easily help to increase the readership of your webpage or blog.
2. Google Map Search -This is essential for the travelers among us. For those who travel long distances or those who try to stay closer to home, Google Map Search allows you to look up a map to any location without ever leaving your homepage. This is very beneficial to those Google gadget users who work from our laptops while traveling. For those who prefer to leave the long distance traveling to others, the Google Map Search gadget is still a helpful tool when looking for new restaurants, stores, and more. The Google Map Search is definitely one of the top ten Google Gadgets.
3. Google News Feeds– Always keep on top of the biggest news stories with Google News Feeds when you add it to your own webpage or blog. Google News Feeds receives live updated news stories from Google News and allows you to choose whether you want short clips of news stories or longer summaries. You can also format the settings to display from three to fifteen Google News headlines, depending on your preference. Google News Feeds has been in several Google Gadget Reviews, and has definitely earned its place in this one.
4. Weather Channel -You never know what the weather is going to do these days. It seems to change from one minute to the next. With Weather Channel Weather Reports added to your webpage or blog, you can always have the current weather forecast right at your fingertips. Even better, it gives you the forecast for any city whose zip code you request. Do you live in Texas, but you are planning to leave on a trip tomorrow morning for Florida? Simply put in the zip code for the city in Florida you plan to visit (or any city along the way) and you will be prepared for whatever weather is coming your way. The ease of use and helpfulness of the Weather Channel ” Weather Reports gadget makes it one of the best available.
5. Calorie Calculator -Healthy eating seems to be more important now, in the 21st century, than it has ever been before. This makes the Calorie Calculator one of the most essential out there. More than ever, people all over the world are watching what they eat. The Calorie Calculator makes it easier than ever to watch your calories and stick to your daily plan. It definitely makes the list of top ten.
6. My Notes-For those of us with hectic and busy schedules, dividing time between work and home and trying to make sure that both get the attention they deserve, My Notes is one of the best out there. Once the My Notes gadget is installed on your website or blog, you are able to create multiple lists to assist you in accomplishing your daily tasks. With the color coding feature, you can see at a glance what you have completed in each area of your life without having to flip through notes or relying on your own memory.
7. Chat Online– Want to talk to your brother, your best friend, your boss, and your accountant all at the same time, but none of the four of them use the same instant messaging service? With so many options available for online chatting these days, it is sometimes hard to connect with the important people in your life. Once you have added the Chat Online Google gadget to your webpage or blog, this will never be a problem again. Chat Online is an essential Google gadget that allows you to chat with users of AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, ICQ, Myspace Messenger, Facebook Messenger, and many more!
8. Animal Smiles-Not all of my top ten are serious or business related! The Animal Smiles gadget is one of my absolute favorites and one of the best gadgets out there as far as I am concerned. With a large collection of photographs of various animals smiling, the Animal Smiles gadget is an essential gadget that will brighten your day and put a smile on your face every time!
9. Stress Relief Paintball -We all have stressful days, whether we work in an office, work from home, or stay with the kids all day. How can we eliminate that stress? Stress Relief Paintball! Stress Relief Paintball is one of the best Google gadgets out there for relieving the stress of a hectic day. An amazing top ten Google gadget for users of all ages!
10. Movies Trailer of the Day-The Movies Trailer of the Day Google gadget is available for installation on your webpage or blog. This top ten Google gadget keeps you up to date on all of the newest releases coming out in theatres and shows you entertaining previews and trailers to keep you knowledgeable on the current movie scene. One of the best Google gadgets currently available, the Movies Trailer of the Day Google gadget will keep you coming back for moreand will tempt you more than once to spend the day at the movies!
As you would be aware, Google is constantly evolving their search ranking algorithms every year.
In 2017 – Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) emerged.
In 2018, many new trends are emerging, which would impact SEO Factors.
These are some of the upcoming trends in SEO in 2018 –
1. Search Engine Result Page (SERP) Features – SERP feature is any inorganic result shown on a search engine result page such as AdWords, news block, rich snippets, and site ratings. Such features add a visual layer to an existing result. Site links, videos, tweets, shopping results would also get prominently highlighted in search engine result pages.
2. Rich Snippets – Web developers add a structured data markup to their web page. A rich snippet enhances the search results by adding pictures, ratings, and a website URL. Rich snippets in web pages should include a ‘|’ symbol in it.
Such rich snippets would get more click-through rates.
3. Page Speed – In today’s fast-moving environment, where speed is the most crucial factor – this is a more dominant SEO Factor, Google recommends a page loading speed of 3 sec or less for loading any web page. Google provides a tool – page speed insights, which would help you in optimizing your web page speed, it also provides insights for various optimization techniques to improve the website speed.
4. Content Relevance – Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) is an indexing and retrieval method. It is a mathematical technique called singular value decomposition to identify a pattern – between terms and concepts.
Search Engines rate your website content using LSI, it scans your website and verifies the content using related terms and keywords. More attention should be paid to write relevant content that matches your topic.
5. Voice Search in Google – On Google people search by spoken words instead of typing in the search box. An SEO strategy must include conversational words.
6. Mobile Friendly Sites – Billions of people are using mobile version of the web sites, as it is quite convenient. Mobile site is a search ranking factor; in fact, Google indexes your mobile web site before the desktop version of your web site. Responsive web design feature supported by many web development technologies such as bootstrap, which makes your website mobile or tablet friendly.
Why Mobile-Friendly Sites –
- A desktop version of websites does not appear user-friendly on mobile devices.
- 2.6 billion Active smartphone users
- Google tags mobile-friendly sites as mobile friendly.
7. Link-less Backlinks – A news article mentioning a brand name, a business or a review done for a business or a brand on another web site, blog or in social media are all examples of link-less backlinks which are becoming relevant today. Relevant articles, blogs or social media must include brand or business name.
You must align your online business with the latest search engine updates, by putting in a lot of time and efforts.
Technology is the lifeline of the busy routine of today. There has been nothing more obliging than the latest technology to see off the pressing concerns of a modern lifestyle. Wherever there is talk of an innovation, technology is the first thing that comes to mind. This is because though the idea may be relevant to some other walk of life but it can only span its reach through technology and the latest advents it has brought about. It is very common to see the latest gadgets and technology making the headlines every other day. Here are some of the latest technological marvels doing the rounds these days.
Curved UHD TVs
Gone are the days of the flat screens and sleek LCDs and even LEDs are going out of vogue slowly. The future presents a brighter picture with curved screen UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs that are slowly making their way to the market and consumers. These new age TVs have decidedly higher resolutions, somewhere to the tune of 5120X 2160 pixels and high aspect ratio like 21:9, and therefore present a much better picture quality. The screens afford a truly optimized picture suited aptly for different viewing environments and preferences.
Acer Iconia W4 Tablet
Acer is one of the innovators in the market for computing devices. Since the time computers are slowly being replaced by tablets, there have been a host of new and innovative products introduced to entice. Acer Iconia W4 is one the most affordably attractive among these. Sporting an 8″ screen with IPS and zero air gap technologies, this tablet gives users an enhanced experience with regard to clarity and brightness. Housing a fourth generation Intel Atom Processor, it is swift as well as easy to use since it comes preinstalled with Windows 8. Another aspect worth mentioning is the superb battery life that gives a user great value for money.
Long drives are a lot of fun. But they can also be extremely dangerous if undertaken with a sleepy head. But this is something drivers won’t have to worry about anymore. Vigo, a new wearable device, keeps you on track by nudging you when you tend to doze off on a long drive. And the most amusing aspect is that it can also be used by students to prevent them from nodding off in a class or lecture. On a serious note, the device tracks patterns from your body movements and blink durations and intensities to decide when you are sleepy and gives suitable stimuli to wake you up in time. Vigo can be used like a Bluetooth headset and is capable of doing much more than just nudging you awake.