Google gadgets are designed to be placed on your webpage, blog, or iGoogle page, and can be used for entertainment, business, marketing, and various other purposes. Please keep reading to discover my top ten Google gadgets, and why each gadget made the list!
1. Google Translate My Page – This is an amazing addition to any webpage or blog. This essential Google gadget allows any reader of your website or blog to translate the text into multiple different languages. By installing this gadget onto your website or blog, you are ensuring that people all over the world are able to easily read and understand your blog in their native language. Google Translate My Page is one of the best Google gadgets available and can easily help to increase the readership of your webpage or blog.
2. Google Map Search -This is essential for the travelers among us. For those who travel long distances or those who try to stay closer to home, Google Map Search allows you to look up a map to any location without ever leaving your homepage. This is very beneficial to those Google gadget users who work from our laptops while traveling. For those who prefer to leave the long distance traveling to others, the Google Map Search gadget is still a helpful tool when looking for new restaurants, stores, and more. The Google Map Search is definitely one of the top ten Google Gadgets.
3. Google News Feeds– Always keep on top of the biggest news stories with Google News Feeds when you add it to your own webpage or blog. Google News Feeds receives live updated news stories from Google News and allows you to choose whether you want short clips of news stories or longer summaries. You can also format the settings to display from three to fifteen Google News headlines, depending on your preference. Google News Feeds has been in several Google Gadget Reviews, and has definitely earned its place in this one.
4. Weather Channel -You never know what the weather is going to do these days. It seems to change from one minute to the next. With Weather Channel Weather Reports added to your webpage or blog, you can always have the current weather forecast right at your fingertips. Even better, it gives you the forecast for any city whose zip code you request. Do you live in Texas, but you are planning to leave on a trip tomorrow morning for Florida? Simply put in the zip code for the city in Florida you plan to visit (or any city along the way) and you will be prepared for whatever weather is coming your way. The ease of use and helpfulness of the Weather Channel ” Weather Reports gadget makes it one of the best available.
5. Calorie Calculator -Healthy eating seems to be more important now, in the 21st century, than it has ever been before. This makes the Calorie Calculator one of the most essential out there. More than ever, people all over the world are watching what they eat. The Calorie Calculator makes it easier than ever to watch your calories and stick to your daily plan. It definitely makes the list of top ten.
6. My Notes-For those of us with hectic and busy schedules, dividing time between work and home and trying to make sure that both get the attention they deserve, My Notes is one of the best out there. Once the My Notes gadget is installed on your website or blog, you are able to create multiple lists to assist you in accomplishing your daily tasks. With the color coding feature, you can see at a glance what you have completed in each area of your life without having to flip through notes or relying on your own memory.
7. Chat Online– Want to talk to your brother, your best friend, your boss, and your accountant all at the same time, but none of the four of them use the same instant messaging service? With so many options available for online chatting these days, it is sometimes hard to connect with the important people in your life. Once you have added the Chat Online Google gadget to your webpage or blog, this will never be a problem again. Chat Online is an essential Google gadget that allows you to chat with users of AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, ICQ, Myspace Messenger, Facebook Messenger, and many more!
8. Animal Smiles-Not all of my top ten are serious or business related! The Animal Smiles gadget is one of my absolute favorites and one of the best gadgets out there as far as I am concerned. With a large collection of photographs of various animals smiling, the Animal Smiles gadget is an essential gadget that will brighten your day and put a smile on your face every time!
9. Stress Relief Paintball -We all have stressful days, whether we work in an office, work from home, or stay with the kids all day. How can we eliminate that stress? Stress Relief Paintball! Stress Relief Paintball is one of the best Google gadgets out there for relieving the stress of a hectic day. An amazing top ten Google gadget for users of all ages!
10. Movies Trailer of the Day-The Movies Trailer of the Day Google gadget is available for installation on your webpage or blog. This top ten Google gadget keeps you up to date on all of the newest releases coming out in theatres and shows you entertaining previews and trailers to keep you knowledgeable on the current movie scene. One of the best Google gadgets currently available, the Movies Trailer of the Day Google gadget will keep you coming back for moreand will tempt you more than once to spend the day at the movies!
If your computer is running slower these days, or freezes up when you have too many programs running, you might need to reorganize your hard drive. Even if your computer runs smoothly right now, it is still beneficial to know all of the space saving techniques that you can use to make sure your computer is clean, easy to navigate and in it’s best possible condition. Before you begin, take a look at the current disk space you are utilizing and how much free disk space you have available.
Go to “My Computer”
(PC Users) Right click on “C Drive”
Go to “Properties”
In the General tab, it should give you pie chart and information regarding the amount of free space currently available on your hard drive. If your free space is less than your used space, it is important that you make sure you are maximizing your computer’s performance by cleaning up your disk. Here is a list of ten ways to clean up, organize and save space on your computer’s hard drive.
1. Save space on your hard drive: Disk Clean Up
In the “Properties” dialogue box that you checked out by right clicking your “C Drive” folder, again, go to the “General Tab.” Click on “Disk Cleanup.” After this function has scanned your computer for available space, it will present you with another dialogue box. Here, you can view the files that are currently available to be deleted without causing problems on your system. These types of files include: Temporary Internet Files, Recycle Bin and can even compress your older files. You can click on each item, and view a brief description of what their purpose and reason is for being on your system. If it says, “You can safely delete these files” definitely check mark these items. The other items you will have to use severe discretion, as once they are deleted they will not be available again. After check marking the files you want to delete, click on “Clean up.”
2. Save space and organize your hard drive: Defrag your Computer
In the “Properties” dialogue box that you checked out by right clicking your “C Drive” folder, go to the “Tools” tab. Click on the “Defrag Now” button and your computer will analyze the space and information on your hard drive. After this, it will let you know if you need to defrag. If it recommends that you defrag, go ahead and do this. Nothing will be deleted, but your computer will maximize all the information it has on it by reorganizing the files.
3. Save space on your hard drive: Delete old or unused Program Files
Go to your control panel; Open up the folder entitled, “Add or Remove Programs.” Your computer might take a couple minutes to list your currently installed program files. Once it compiles the list, look through it and observe carefully the amount of space each program is taking up, how often you use each program, what company the program was downloaded from, and the name of the program. Do not delete any program that you aren’t aware of its use. It could possibly be a very important windows program that you aren’t aware is running to ensure proper computer functionality. But, if there are old, unused programs that you do not plan to use any longer, or do not need, go ahead and remove these programs.
4. Save space on your hard drive: Invest in an external hard drive
External hard drives are a great resource for anyone and everyone. They provide a great way of saving space on your computer by allowing you to transfer old, rarely used files that you may want to access later, onto another hard drive that will store them safely. Another great use for a hard drive is for back up purposes. An external hard drive will not get a virus, so by transferring important files onto it; you are guaranteeing a safe back up of all your documents.
5. Save Space on your hard drive: Zip it up!
Zipping up your files is basically a way of compressing your files into very, very small files, while keeping them easily accessible if you ever need them. There are many ways to do this, but the most common and easy way is to use a program like “WinZip.” You can get a free version of this program at:
Winzip Archive Utility
It advertises as a free trial, but, between you and me, you never really have to purchase the full version. The evaluation version will work fine.
Good files to zip up are documents and files that are important, but you do not need to access very often. If you need these files at least once a month, don’t archive them, because it will become a hassle trying to open them back up all the time. Take the files you don’t need to use all the time, zip them up into pertinent folders, and delete the originals. Anytime you need to use the files, simply unzip the contents of the folders and enjoy!
6. Save Space on your hard drive: Save onto Data Disks
Saving files onto data disks is not the ideal scenario, as you can’t really fit all that much onto them, and they cost money. But, if you first zip the files up that you’re going to transfer onto the data disks, then you will be able to fit more information onto them. After that, you can go back and delete all the files from your computer. Personally, if you’re going to purchase data disks, and go through the trouble of transferring files onto them, it would be better to invest into an external hard drive. They will hold more information and be easier to work with.
7. Save Space on your hard drive: Music Files
Music files take up a ridiculous amount of space on your computer. By transferring these files onto an external drive, zipping them up, or burning them all onto data disks you will free up an exorbitant amount of space.
8. Organize your Hard Drive: Delete Files from your Desk Top
Having too many files on the desk top of your computer can feel cluttered and obtrusive. If you work on the computer, or use it for any time at all, you will feel all warm and fuzzy inside by deleting or moving the files from your desktop and putting them into files within your “My Documents” “Pictures” or other directories within your computer. It will also help you to access the files more intuitively and stay organized.
9. Organize your Hard Drive: Book Marks
This isn’t necessarily related to your hard drive, but it is refreshing to have a nice set of organized, well titled and descriptive bookmarks in the browser that you prefer. Open up your book marks, and properly title, organize in folders, delete unused links and view all your book marks. This will also take some time, but will probably save you time in the long run, by finding the sites you need right away and with ease.
10. Organize your Hard Drive: Delete, Rename and Organize your Folders
On your computer, the top tier of folder should be: My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, Program Files, Temp, and Windows (or whatever operating system name or designation is here.) There may be some others depending upon what you have downloaded onto your system, like PHP, APACHE or others. Under these folders, you should do your best to organize, delete, rename and prioritize your files so that you can access them as easily as possible, and as intuitively as possible. It may take some time, but it end up saving you time in the long run; instead of searching through your whole computer for a file or folder, you’ll know exactly where it’s at. Also, by doing this, you might find folders and/or files that you can safely delete. DO NOT delete any files or folders within your windows or other operating system directory. In fact, don’t even go in that folder unless you are an experienced operating system professional.
YouTube has extensively evolved beyond being a website for videos and audios. Now, it is a place where people share moments of their lives. Below is a list of identified Top Tech Influencers on YouTube. Majority of these YouTube Influencers are more on PC Hardware components and mobile gadgets.
Lewis Hilsenteger, a technology reviewer showcases some cool Tech products we could experience through his successful YouTube Channel. Lewis’ portfolio of brands is one of the most impressive which includes Intel, Microsoft, XFINITY, and Canon, these brands are just some which are in his portfolio. UnboxTherapy is one of the most popular Tech channels on YouTube, with over 300,000 subscribers. You could watch the unboxing of new gadgets, reviews and some though all sorts of gadgets.
One of the biggest names in the Tech Influencer field. He is notorious in the Tech industry for being selective about the brands that he works with. Marques talks about a lot of mobile hardware such as smartphones and tablets, giving his own perception regarding the products and talks about good points related to the latest updates of such tech gadgets. His videos aim to explain and help the viewers to understand better about certain apps and services.
Produces extinct entertaining reviews from smartphones, to gaming PCs and VR headsets. His personality can be seen through his videos. His sponsors are Mattel, VideoBlocks, and At&T.
Ty’s iPhone Help is about Apple’s range of products, from iPhone to MacBook Pro. He also reviews some similar products on the market that are competitors of Apple.
It is hosted by Michael Kukielka, it’s an impressive channel which features anything from iPhone to drones. He has also worked with some huge Technology Brands like LG.
This YouTube influencer calls himself ICU. He features a lot of news and rumors mostly about any Apple-related information including the latest iPhone models to MacBooks. He also does comparison videos between other similar products and is competitors of Apple.
Campaigned a $80 robot named “mip” against a “real life giant robot”, and charging an iPhone with fire is truly an admirable and amazing discovery. Jonathan Morrison is conceivably one of the most creative Tech Influencers in the industry. He also has extensive experience on working with leading brands such as XFINITY and AT&T.
Another tech news website that has YouTube channel where they implement and show product reviews, tutorials, exclusive reviews and lots of technology news.
Self proclaimed “Average guy who loves tech,” Judner Aura has over 685K subscribers on YouTube. He is able to reach tech consumers in a great and extensive distance. Sony and LG are some of his brand sponsors.
Mainly unboxes computer hardware like PC Casings, motherboards, keyboards, mouse’s and earphones. While doing the unboxing, he will talk about other helpful information that is related to the product he’s unboxing.
One of the most prominent Technology Vloggers on YouTube. Founder Jon Rettinger a Californian Native has partnered with leading brands such as Lenovo and Qualcomm.
Famous knowledgeable person, Chris Pirillo shares about the life of a geek with him in his daily videos. Some of his videos includes a small review about the latest smartphones and tablets. He voice out his experiences openly, which makes his videos genuine.
A famous YouTube channel for its gaming PC reviews and some facts for the viewers to know the best tech deals of the week. Edgar Oganesyan has worked with big brands like LG and tech startups like Soylent.